When shopping for a used vehicle, there are many factors that you need to consider. This includes price, safety, reliability, and quality. While you can do your own research into what used vehicles are good and which are bad, the team at Bell Auto Inc. in Toronto, ON is here to help. Today, we will be sharing a list of used vehicles that you should avoid buying. Check it out so you know what not to buy.
[ Related post: What’s A Great Dealership to Trust in Toronto, ON? ]
Used vehicles that don’t stand up to quality and reliability testing
- 2008-2012 Chrysler Town & Country. This model should be avoided due to low reliability scores during the 2008 to 2012 timeframe. If having a Chrysler minivan is a must, the Pacifica is a better option.
- 2011-2014 Ford Fiesta. From 2011 to 2014, the Ford Fiesta had many transmission, body integrity, and audio system issues. This model also received lower than average rankings during this time.
- 2014-2016 Volkswagen Jetta. During the 2014 to 2016 model years, the Volkswagen Jetta had many issues with the audio system, the interior, windows, cruise control, and electrical components.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee. If you are looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee, you have to be careful on which year you get. This SUV had poor reliability scores from 2011 to 2014 and again in 2016.
- Ford F-250. Unfortunately, the Ford Fiesta isn’t the only vehicle from Ford that faced issues with previous models. In 2008, 2010, and 2014 the Ford F-250 had problems with the transmission, powertrain, and brake system.
- Nissan Pathfinder. In 2013 and 2014, this Nissan SUV faced rather low reliability scores. However, it also faced nine recalls in 2013 and in 2014 it was placed on the Consumer Reports’ 10 Least Reliable Cars list.
[ Read more: What should I check before buying a used car? ]
Get more used car shopping tips from Bell Auto Inc.
Now that you know which models not only had poor scores but also had severe issues, you can move on to the next part of your research process. If you need more advice on shopping for a used vehicle, keep following our blog. The Bell Auto Inc. blog is focused on helping you have a smooth and successful shopping experience.